Working at Springwell
We are passionate about life-changing learning and serving our vibrant, multicultural and exciting community.
As a staff member at Springwell, you would be part of a wonderful school which is dynamic and forward-thinking. A school community who are passionate about teaching and developing children with life-long skills to make them become independent and confident members of the wider community.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to be part of our amazing school, please do click on the links below to learn more about job opportunities available.
Apply by: Monday 25 April 2022
Interviews: Monday 23 May 2022
Pay scale: MPS / TLR
Contract Type: Full-time
Contract Term: Permanent
Start Date: Flexible
Springwell School is seeking to appoint a Leader of Physical Education’.
This person has a desire to teach and develop an oversight of Primary Physical Education, PSHE, and Nurture groups. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who has outstanding experience and/or potential. Our new teacher will be expected to motivate and inspire students, staff and parents to develop and promote a culture that challenges students to achieve at the highest levels.
The successful candidate will be teaching across FS, KS1 & KS2. Physical Education is very popular at Springwell and we are looking for a teacher who can inspire children to achieve well in the subject and also to enjoy being physically active.
We would welcome applications from Qualified Teachers, with QTS.
- Be a role model for pupils, inspiring them to be actively interested in PE
- Manage, coach and officiate sport teams (gymnastics, Golf, Tag Rugby, hockey, netball, swimming, athletics, football, dance, Cricket, tennis)
- Have a clear vision / focus
- Be passionate about the subject and communicate well with young people
- Make an impact on the experience all children receive through PE and sport
- Plan and lead the entire PE curriculum across the whole school
- Ensure lessons are planned in accordance with school protocols
- Assess, record, report on progress / attainment of pupils
- Prioritise and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in-line with the role
- Teach according to pupils’ educational needs
- Act within the school framework, which sets out their professional duties and responsibilities which uses for guidance purposes only, the current School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document and Teacher Standards (2020).
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the child:
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children you are responsible for
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security
Sharing information/Multi-agency working:
- Maintain positive links with local clubs, schools and organisations
- To work with the Governors, SLT and other colleagues to build positive working relationships
- To represent the school and communicate its values to a range of audiences
- Attend parents’ evenings, staff meetings and other events as appropriate.
If you like what you hear and want to know more about this fantastic opportunity, we welcome phone calls as well as tours or chatting to our current PE lead who is departing for a promotion. Please call us on 020 8570 5702.